1. Tell us about your ministry – The Ministry of H.E.L.P (HELPING to ELEVATE the LIVES of PEOPLE) is a gift given by God to become the vessel He uses to assist in the elevation of your surrounding community. Many times you are the person that is an Oasis of Hope for others to follow. You become the one that God has used to change the lives of others. You become a very intricate part of society while reverencing the Body of Christ. It is important to know the voice of God and when He is trying to use you to become a blessing to others. The world may call it the “IT Factor” while us Christians call it “THE FAVOR OF GOD.” Everyone is born with Purpose, sometimes the hardest thing in life is identifying what your Purpose is. God has gifted us all and the Word of God says 1 Peter 4:10, “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace.” It’s important not to be consumed with self but be in the business of serving others. I often times remind people that our life is not our own. We are here to serve others. My motto is, “If you are not making a difference in the lives of others, you are simply wasting time. How have you impacted the world today?” Your gift will make room for you and bring you into the presence of great men. When you begin to operate in your gift, you will begin to see the manifestation of God’s word. Your deeds in life will become the use of God’s Grace in your life.
2. How did this call come to fruition in your life – The call came into fruition in my life on January 11, 2011 when I was laid off of my job. I was a Performance Consultant traveling the country working with financial institutions. I was at the top of my game, considered to be the best consultant in the business. Receiving request for my service over my peers, being theonly minority in my department and the only person with the ability to work both sides of the business servicing both Banks and Credit Unions, but it all ended at 9:30 AM on January 11, 2011. I can never forget this day because this is the day my life changed. My mother was due to have surgery on this day, I was concerned because of work, I thought I would not be able to be there when she went in and came out of surgery. As a result of my layoff, I was able to be at my mothers’ side through it all. As the days progressed and the hours became long with nothing to do, for the first time in my life I had to completely depend on God. I’ve always trusted the Lord, I’ve always acknowledged His hand in and on my life. I’ve always been the one to encourage others when they fell on hard times, but I never had the same story of others. I’m a young lady from the City of Detroit that was in private schools her whole life. Everything I desired as a child and adult, I had it all. I traveled, I purchased material goods and life was good. The one thing missing was my ability to relate to the STRUGGLE!! I come from a two parent household that showered me with love my entire life. My father Lionel Gentris is the Greatest Man I Know a true Man of God and my mother Connie Austin- Gentris is the epitome of Class and Grace and a strong Woman of God. So with everything life has shown me, I never had anything that I could ever complain about. I was the person, people come to for Hope, Encouragement and to bring a Smile to ones face. So now, darkness falls on my front door, and I have to enter the season of Lack. On January 12, 2011, I begin to question God. Lord why Me? God says, “Why not you?” He begins to deal with me and minister to my soul and says, “Do you Trust Me?” My immediate answer is YES!!!! But I never had to completely Trust Him with everything like the Saints of old. I know all my help comes from the Lord, but it’s different when you must live in it, and trust only HIM. On January 13, 2013, God had to deal with me completely. He said to me, “You always tell people, It’s so easy to trust God when you are on the mountain top, but can you trust Him with the same measure when you are in the pit of the valley?” So now I have to answer this question for myself for real. As I laid prostrate on the floor, I told the Lord, “I trust you and I will only listen to your voice concerning the decisions of my life.” It was on this day God reveal to me, when I restore you, I will put you in positions where you will be able to be a blessing to others and HELP change their lives.
The one thing about God you have to make the decision to trust him. For the Word of God says in Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. We must know, whatever our path is, we must live it. No matter how far you deviate from God’s plan, the road you travel will always bring you back to your original path. God gives us all Vision, Habakkuk 2:2-3 “And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tablets, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie, though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” You can sometimes become overwhelmed by your vision because your mind can’t always conceive the greatness of God. I’m one that has always had the favor of God over my life and a special light that followed me everywhere I go. I never understood my shine and many times I tried to dim my shine. I read in Matthew 5:14-16 “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” After reading and understanding this passage, God spoke to me and said, “I gave you this light, because I can trust you with this light, you can’t dim or hide what I have given you! I chose you to go through this layoff because I know you can handle it, but more importantly, your testimony will change the lives of others. People are watching you now, and they want to see do you truly trust me. Can you handle a tenth of the trials of JOB?” My answer to this call was, Yes Lord Yes!!!
Now the journey begins, and the people started to watch. I started to volunteer my time doing radio with Bishop Greg Davis on Rejoice Musical Soul Food daily from 6 AM – 10 AM, Monday – Friday. I started doing entertainment updates and co-hosting with Bishop Greg Davis on his television show Good News with Greg Davis. It was during this time that I truly learned that it is a blessing in serving others. My time was not being compensated, but you can’t put a dollar amount on what I received in return. My income changed DRAMATICALLY!!!!! I went from a healthy pay check traveling the country, to $250 a week in unemployment benefits. My first question to myself was how am I going to survive off of this? God said, “I will supply all your needs.” I said, “Lord I trust you!” I was off work for a year and a half and the week after my unemployment ran out, God blessed me with a new job in Management. A job where I would be able to hire others in need of work and change their lives.
As I started the process of interviews for new positions, God reminded me, “I AM THAT I AM, I AM A MAN THAT CANNOT LIE, IF I SAID IT, IT WILL SURELY COME TO PASS.” I was able to go back to my community and hire people in need of work. I was able to help get people out of bad situations. I was able to do the complete WILL OF GOD. I was amazed at the manifestation of God’s promise, but humbled that God chose me to be used to do so. God trusted that I could handle being laid off, handle living in lack while never once turning my face away from God.
3. Share some of the difficulties and challenges you faced establishing this ministry.
One of the hardest things about H.E.L.P HELPING to ELEVATE the LIVES of PEOPLE, is identifying your area of need. Where is the help needed, questioning if you have to capacity to handle the task. Your word is your bond. When you give your word that you are going to do something, can you actually complete the mission. I am reminded, that when God gives you vision, He has already made PROVISION for your VISION. You must step out on faith and believe you can do all things through Christ. Remember at the completion of the task, to ALWAYS give God the Glory. We have nothing to Glory of, we owe it all to the Father. In Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for the good to them who are called according to his purpose.” Many people grow up with a Christian foundation, but some face challenges when it comes to their own situation and remembering what God has done for previous generations. Hebrews 13:8 says “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever more.” We are serving the same God as Abraham, Moses and Job, if He did it for them, He can do the same for us.
4. Share a word of encouragement for others who might be facing the similar difficulties.
When dark times fall upon you, thank God for the new journey of life. In order to become great God has to break you, mold you and rebuild you. Your future will be greater than your past. In order to build God’s kingdom, He has to use the very least of us to show the world that He has put greatness in all of us. No man is exempt from God’s Grace, He loves us all. In all you do, put Him first and watch him make a Miracle from Mess!! We call today the Present because it is a true Gift from God. Your life is not your own, it all belongs to the Lord and we must serve him in spirit and truth. Watch God make the impossible, possible!!!!
5. Any closing words you’d like to share with our audience –
I owe my life to Christ, and I would not be the woman I am without Him. I’ve only scratched the surface of what God has in-store for me. Lola George is a vessel for God’s use.